Pages

Monday 10 September 2012

...and Breathe

Not much to report from the weekend. Other than ensuring a good copy of The Ferryman's Wife was transferred to my mother's kindle - a new skill learnt, yay! - most of my activities have been relatively unrelated.

What I have been doing is working on The Heart Thief, which is Devils Light Book 2. I envisage the story being twice as long as book 1, with more character exploration, more action, and more, well, everything. The story begins one month after book 1 finishes. Obviously I can't say much about what will happen, but what I can say is that there's plenty to look forward to. One thing I can let you in on is that Percy Dunwrite, who we meet briefly in The Ferryman's Wife, has a bigger role to play.

It's exciting, for me, to be getting back in touch with all my characters once more. I've missed them. Even though they're always with me, when I'm writing they're just that little bit closer. I spend most of my days thinking about them, and about what's going to happen. It doesn't bode well when I'm meant to be doing something like food shopping, I can tell you. As much as I wouldn't say that any of these characters are like me, they are a part of me. I experience their adventures as they do, I feel what they feel. I just hope that when you read it, you will to.

No comments:

Post a Comment