Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

A Prescription for Delirium Tour

 

A Prescription for Delirium

(Van Helsing Organization #1)
 
 
Ninety years ago, Gabriella di Luca promised to protect the family of her dying lover. She failed to keep that promise. She was too far away to stop the devil that murdered the eldest Van Helsing son. Years later, Gabby learns the devil has resurfaced. She arrives in Hampton, TX, determined to stop the devil before it can lay a bloody hand on the remaining three brothers.
However, madness is spreading through Hampton. She suspects the devil is using this madness to test a drug which has a side effect of demonic possession. Gabby rushes to end the source of the madness only to fall victim to it. For a woman cursed with eternal life, dying is no threat. However, Gabby must stop the devil’s plot or risk losing her most precious possession: her mind.
 
 
 
 

My Review

What a thumping good read! Rarely do I find a book so difficult to put down.  It’s action-packed from start to finish, with the most vivid imagery I’ve encountered in a long time. Gabby is a kick-ass heroine, cursed with immortality, but gifted with second sight. This enables her to see the invisible world of spirits and auras. This is skilfully conveyed by the authors knowledge of aura interpretation in full-spectrum colour, with grandiose imaginings of spirit beings. This alone makes it a compelling read. However, the characters in this story are so well-rounded and lovable, you need to know how things are going to work out.  Gabby’s loss, her fate, and her unyielding personality, combined with her irrefutable humanness, make her likeable, if not lovable. I adored the Van Helsing brothers, their personalities so diverse and well-crafted; they were great fun to read. What more can I say?  I highly recommend this book!

˜˜˜˜˜
Noree Cosper
Noree Cosper loves writing about magic in the modern world. While growing up in Texas she constantly searched for mystical elements in the mundane. She buried her nose in both fiction and books about Wicca, Religion, and Mythology. Everyday became an adventure as she joined a group of role-players, acting out her fantasies of vampires, demons, and monsters living in the world. She embraced her nerdom wholeheartedly. Noree grew, but never left her love for fantasy and horror. Her dreams pushed her and her hand itched to write the visions she saw. So, with her fingers on the keys, she did what her heart had been telling her to do since childhood. She wrote.
 

  
 
 
 
 
 
 
A Little Q&A with Noree Cosper...
 
Q: What was the inspiration behind this book?

A:The inspiration came from a role playing game. My friends and I play the characters. I loved them so much I wanted to write about them.

Q: Is there a particular theme or message you are trying to convey in your story? 

A: There are a lot of themes that came in the story naturally. I guess the overall one is about finding you place in the world and finding family.

Q: What's your next project?

A: A Prescription for Delirium is the first in a series. I’m currently writing the next book, named Omega Effect.
 
Q: Who is your favourite character to write?

A: That would be the main character, Gabriella Di Luca.

Q: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

A: I love reading, roleplaying, and playing video games. There are even a few shows I like to watch. My current favourites are Once Upon a Time and The Walking Dead.
 
Q: Tell me 3 things about yourself that's not connected to writing.

A: 1) I have a kitten named Mab. She’s about 4 months old now and really hyper. 2) I’m addicted the flash game Bubble Shooter. 3) I like to bake, especially pies, and I’m pretty good at.



A Prescription for Delirium by Noree Cosper is now on tour!
Check all the great tour stops out and don’t forget to join the International giveaway running at

Dark World Books!
 
A Prescription for Delirium Tour schedule:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me, Georgina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Looking forward to book 2. I think I'm in love with Adrian...

    ReplyDelete