Pages

Friday 14 December 2012

Getting Excited

Not long now until The Ferryman's Wife is available. I'm so excited! I'm honoured to have my connection with Dark World Books, and am thrilled that they've been willing to edit the manuscript.

Well, it's been one heck of a week! If you've been following what's going on, you'll know what I'm talking about. However, if you have not, I regret to inform you that wont find me talking about it here or anywhere else, other than the original article. And I wont be posting links either, sorry.

After a small set back involving poor health, I am going strong. With several projects on the go, I can almost see the creativity pulsing from my being (it's orange, BTW).  I have rediscovered my love of poetry, and in doing so I am finding more and more opportunities. It wont be long until my first project, the poetry anthology Dark Company, will be set for release. I'm lucky to have found a group of authors who hold the same ideals as me. All royalties will be paid directly to the charity buildOn. It's a worthy cause that tackles "poverty, illiteracy and low expectations through service and education." As they say, they are not a charity, they are a movement. I for one am delighted to be able to contribute. When it's available to buy I'll provide the relevant links.

Those who know me are aware that my writing process is 70% research/plotting 30% writing. Sure, a lot of new ideas come to me once I start to write, but most of the twists are planned well in advance. I usually begin writing, but most of the story making goes on in my head and my note pads. The writing of The Heart Thief (Devils Light Book 2) is still underway, but these past weeks I have been thrashing out the first major twist in the plot. For obvious reasons, I can't say what it is, but what I will say is that it involves deception, a white velvet cloak, and a murder. I am working out the set up just now. As always, it's a pleasure when writing this story. Each and every character is fun to write.

Until next time, bye folks.

NB: As an afterthought, I realized I had forgot to tell you that my 1 star review was removed. Funny that.


No comments:

Post a Comment